Diets don’t work. Green Smoothie weight loss plan does.
Tired of diets that don’t work? Sick of going to the stupid gym? And worst of all, frustrated about gaining the lost weight back with just one cookie or a meal out? I was too! That’s why I started slimming down with a green smoothie detox. It’s healthier, easier, more delicious, and totally fun. Let’s learn how to lose weight with green smoothies, shall we?
Whether you have just discovered green smoothies or have been making them for a while, it does not take you long to see just how easy it is to make a delicious healthy meal for yourself in under 4 minutes!
The ease and accessibility of green smoothies is one of the reasons that I love them so much. Even if you’re in a hurry, like these fast breakfast smoothies, you can have a healthy, filling, and wonderful breakfast or lunch and not sacrifice your nutrition.
Plus who wants to have the same oatmeal and blueberries or toast with cream cheese breakfast every day?
With green smoothies, your options are only unlimited by your imagination – or by the 108+ recipes in The Healthy Smoothie Bible, not to mention the health boost over oatmeal or anything with cheese in it.
So adding green smoothies to your daily regiment is nutritious, smart and heaps of fun but what if you want to go even further?
Green smoothies are fantastic for weight loss and overcoming fatigue and laziness and moodiness, which are all side-effects of being overweight, and all you need is a little more structure and information about making green smoothies an enabler for weight-loss. That’s the topic of this blog post. So read on to learn how to lose weight with green smoothies.
The nearly limitless options for smoothie ingredients can be fun and add a lot of variety to your daily concoction. But when it comes to weight-loss, calories are still calories and you need to be cognizant of making hydrating easily digestible and calorie-friendly smoothies with the right types of ingredients. Here’s how.
5 Basic Rules You Can’t Mess Up for Weight-Loss with Smoothies
Here are the 5 basic rules for weight-loss green smoothie plan that you can’t mess up:
1. Make It Vegan. All the smoothies in The Healthy Smoothie Bible are vegan. I do not recommend adding dairy to your smoothies, and this rule applies to your weight-loss smoothies too.
2. Make It 90% Raw. Everything you put in this smoothie has to be raw. That means, no nut milks, no dried fruits, no protein powders, no nut butters, and no seeds.
3. Make It Water-based or Coconut Water based: The best two bases for your weight-loss green smoothies are filtered water or pure coconut water.
4. Make It Fresh. Make your smoothies fresh. Even though it is fine to store and keep left-over smoothies, make them fresh during weight-loss period.
5. Make It Super Green. We all have our favorite greens and it’s easy to just use the same green. Don’t! Use a variety of at least 6-7 types of greens. The best ones are spinach, kale, parsley, chard, and collard greens. Feel free to explore.
The Easy Green Smoothie Plan You Can Totally Follow
Here’s a simple plan to follow to use green smoothies for weight-loss that is easy, healthy and safe.
So now that you know which ingredients to use in your green smoothies, you are ready to start your regimen. I have to tell you, this is going to be a lot of fun. Most diets I have tried are a pain in the neck to prepare for and I always feel deprived. The best part of the green smoothie diet is that you feel satisfied, hydrated, healthy, full and happy.
Okay so are you ready to lose weight with green smoothies. I like keeping things simple so I listed below the guidelines to get started and don’t forget, you need is a copy of The Healthy Smoothie Bible to grab the detox recipes.
1. Make a detox green smoothie for breakfast every morning. Follow guidelines for the smoothie. Portion size: until you feel satisfied.
2. Make another detox green smoothie for lunch that day. Same as above on portion size. Use a different recipe than the morning.
3. Drink 2 liters of water between waking up and dinner time. Drink one glass of water before dinner and one before bed. Here’s a great guide for losing weight with water from my friend Steve. Be sure to read that blog post in full.
4. Dinner should be a healthy choice. Let yourself have anything you crave. Stop eating after you feel satisfied. If you are at a restaurant, eat only half of what you are served. Don’t make a smoothie for dinner. Eat something that requires chewing.
5. Repeat this for 2 weeks. You will start losing weight after 3 days.
That’s me in at Arthur’s Seat in Scotland on my birthday below, feeling fit, happy, healthy and full of energy after my smoothie detox and weight loss. Woohoo!
What to expect from the smoothie detox?
Your body will start craving more healthy foods as you make the detox green smoothie and water changes. The first part of the day is training for your mind and body to get healthier, smarter and more energized, so that by dinner time, you can reward yourself without feeling deprived of food, and yet, the natural state of your body will lean towards healthier options. Therefore, you win!
You will notice a change in your body, your energy, your appetite, and your cravings, and best of all, you’ll be able to lose a few pounds.